This project is read-only.

Retrieve Actual Password

Apr 25, 2009 at 9:48 PM
Hi Dear Jeff
This framework is a greate job.
I have a question. How I can retrieve actual password of a connection? I temporarily need to do that can you help me please?
thanks alot with best regards
Apr 26, 2009 at 4:17 AM
Unfortunately you can't, Windows does not allow retrieval of stored passwords for security reasons. The only thing it does is retrieve a handle to the password stored somewhere in memory which that value could represent anything. Microsoft specifically said do not base any application on the contents of that value because they can change that handle whenever they wish.
Apr 26, 2009 at 6:33 AM
Hi
Many applications do this like: "Dialup Password Recovery" and so on
this applications often return correct password.
You are right but I temporarily need to do that...
please help me
thanks a lot
Apr 26, 2009 at 2:46 PM
To make this perfectly clear:
I will NEVER write code that bypasses security restrictions Microsoft has put on anything in this project.

The goal of this project is not to "hack" Windows and attempt to bypass security restrictions Microsoft has put in place on their operating system. The fact you presume to ask me to do something like that is insulting. This project was aimed at legitimate programmers which need to automate controlling the dialer from a .NET based application.
Apr 26, 2009 at 4:03 PM
Hi Dear Jeff
Dear friend I don't want that thing for hack :)
If I want to hack some one, many programs are free in the internet for this things
again I congratulation you for this great framework
you are the best in this context
thanks a lot