This project is read-only.

one lib for all platform (from XP by 8)

Apr 5, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Hello!
Is it possible to use one dll (for expamle XP version) for all popular Windows versions (from WinXP to Win8)?
Im check some functions like open phoneBook on Win 7 using XP library. It works.
Will it make problems in future?
Or another. If i only need use a special library for each OS, how to add all of them to one project?
Thanks!
Apr 6, 2014 at 8:23 AM
AFAIK you can use the XP library on all windows versions, but you are limited to features of XP.
E.g. you can't use IPv6 then.
Marked as answer by jeff_winn on 4/6/2014 at 6:08 AM
Apr 6, 2014 at 9:05 AM
All I need is:
1) list of available connections
2) connect/disconnect selected connection

no need to change anything in exists connection or create new.

Ok. Thansk so much!
Apr 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM
da_rinkles is correct, that's the only caveat of using the older versions of DotRas is you're limited to the features supported by that version.

As for your other question how to add them all to one project, that's not something I can answer given that every person that uses the project likely use different toolsets to build and release the products. You'll have to work that out on your own.

As long as you're not modifying the entries, you should have no problem just using the XP library and pushing it to all the versions you wish to support. Between XP and Windows 8 there were only minor changes to the features that the supporting Win32 RasDial API exposed.
Jul 10, 2014 at 5:57 PM