This project is read-only.

Exception when dial from PhoneBook

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:58 AM
When I do this
dialer = new RasDialer();
dialer.PhoneBookPath = RasPhoneBook.GetPhoneBookPath(RasPhoneBookType.User);
dialer.EntryName = "ConnectionName";
dialer.DialAsync();
and dont set Credentials i got the "wrong username or password" exception.
when i did the same half day later (now) i dont have any exception, process stopped on AuthNotify.
I try to work with your component but documentation is zero and it's often hard to find answers in discussion and DotRas work's strange i dont know what to say
Mar 20, 2014 at 7:31 AM
First of all there is plenty of documentation! DotRas.chm, Examples in WPF and WindowsForms!

Second as a wise man once said: You get what you pay for.
It's sources are open => read them!
Missing documentation? => add some!

Help to improve, instead of nagging around :)

P.S.:
I hate when people trying to flame around on free libs created by someone in his freetime.
Mar 20, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2014 at 5:12 PM
First off, I can't just throw an error because the credentials aren't set, some connections don't require them, or you might have them stored with-in the phonebook.

Secondly, you're not doing Hello World here, you're communicating with Windows. That would require at least an intermediate skill level. If you can't figure out you need to set the Credentials property on the component to get it to pass the information in, I don't know what to tell you.

You should at least have a basic grasp of how RAS works if you're going to be able to effectively use this project. Also, being somewhat snippy about why YOU can't figure out how to use it for YOUR connection doesn't mean it's built incorrectly. There's so many permutations of connections Windows is capable of handling, you should at least have a basic grasp of RAS. I can't even help people setup their entries because of this fact, it's RAS, and RAS is complicated.

Might want to keep that in mind next time when you're asking for help, you might just get no response at all.

Edit: BTW, thank you da_rinkes for the support, I don't get thanked very much for 6 years of effort. It's much appreciated.
Mar 24, 2014 at 12:08 AM
I know what I'm doing and I cant find out how to get Credentials from PhoneBook. I'm just asking becouse when I did it on Delphi I even dont have to open the PhoneBook. I added a VPN connection in Windows and I can call it just by clicking so I think credentials stores somewhere and I ask why my code does not do what it should. In method descriprion says that i should use only name and phoneBook path.
And about documentation, I colud't open your examples and current documentation gives no idea how it work's. It's better to add few simple examples to main methods