How to Select EAP type

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Edited Nov 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Hello all, Wondering if someone would be so kind as to help me.
I am developing a new C#.net windows application so that my users can connect into our network using RSA VPN, currently I am using a botched together script to install the pre-requisites and CMAK the connection, but I though a nice .net app. would be a lot nicer!

My code so far creates an entry in rasPhoneBook1 and sets all the desired options. However, to connect to our RSA gatekeeper server an extra EAP method must be installed via an executable called the RSA EAP Client. This then creates 2 more options in the drop down box under the Use Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) called: "RSA Security EAP (encryption enabled)" and "RSA EAP - Protected OTP (encryption enabled)".

In the DotRas code, how do I select the "RSA Security EAP (encryption enabled)" option?

Here's my code so far for adding to the address book:
        this.rasPhoneBook1.Open();
        RasEntry entry = RasEntry.CreateVpnEntry(EntryName, "connect.hidden.com", RasVpnStrategy.PptpOnly,
        RasDevice.GetDeviceByName("(PPTP)", RasDeviceType.Vpn));

entry.EncryptionType = RasEncryptionType.Require;
        entry.Options.SoftwareCompression = true;
        entry.Options.DoNotNegotiateMultilink = false;
        entry.Options.RequireEap = true;

\\ code to change EAP type to RSA?

this.rasPhoneBook1.Entries.Add(entry);
Kind Regards,
Stoy.
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM
As I tell everyone, you'll have to figure out the options you need to set on your own. What might work for one person, given their network configuration might not work for another with the exact same settings.

That being said, I did write up some how-to steps to figure out which settings you need to set on your entry to mimic what you've already got configured.

Please refer to: https://dotras.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Creating%20phonebook%20entries%20in%20code&referringTitle=Documentation

Also, be aware that there are some issues with the Win32 RasDial API and CMAK connections, one of the users posted the answer here:
https://dotras.codeplex.com/discussions/65322

Hope that helps!
Jeff
Nov 7, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Edited Nov 7, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Thank you Jeff that worked perfectly, I had read your previous instructions but did not fully understand that it would help me with my problem, perhaps I was too quick to assume!

For future reference, if anyone else has this same question (and using my code above);

RSA Security EAP (encryption enabled) - in code is:
entry.CustomAuthKey = 15;
RSA EAP - Protected OTP (encryption enabled) - in code is:
entry.CustomAuthKey = 32;
Cheers,
Stoy.
Marked as answer by jeff_winn on 11/8/2013 at 6:01 AM
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Glad it worked out, good luck with your project!