NuGet package for DotRas

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Do you have any plans of releasing DotRas as a NuGet package for VS 2012?
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I've been considering it for some time now, however given the number of assemblies in the package, and the fact that literally no one has asked for it in 5+ years I didn't see much reason to add additional complexity to the already complex release process.

Jeff
Jun 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I'd second that wish. NuGet is the future, and it is a much better way to distribute, than asking everybody on a team to install an .msi package.
Editor
Jun 6, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Also, it would presumably require even more effort, because there are folks like me who likely cannot use NuGet because of security and other policies.
Jun 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM
keithdouglas wrote:
Also, it would presumably require even more effort, because there are folks like me who likely cannot use NuGet because of security and other policies.
What?! Seriously. Have your policy revised!
Jun 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM
jeff_winn wrote:
I've been considering it for some time now, however given the number of assemblies in the package, and the fact that literally no one has asked for it in 5+ years I didn't see much reason to add additional complexity to the already complex release process.

Jeff
NuGet was only integrated in VS 2012. It's now only 2013... my math cannot be that bad...
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Tj,

Be aware your team members don't all have to install the MSI, just grab the files out of the install package and check them into your source repository. The MSI is just a means to distributing the DLLs while allowing the documentation to function on machines whose security restrictions around CHM prevent them from opening the file.
Dec 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Hi,

I believe that managing dependencies with nugget is very essential nowadays in the development process.
DotRas is an excellent library that is missing an opportunity to reach more devs. Personally, I always search on nugget through VS package manager for a lib that does this or that.

That said I would like to have your permission to publish an unofficial nugget package of the current release on nugget.

Thanks,

Constantinos Leftheris
Coordinator
Dec 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I took care of it, just search for DotRas from the Package Manager dialog. They're all listed as pre-releases right now on nuget, so you're going to have to change the dropdown from stable only to include pre-releases.