RasEntryOptions.CustomEncryption

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM

G'day

Is there perhaps any sample code or help on using the RasEntryOptions.CustomEncryption Property? I am interested in using the Microsoft CNG SDK to create my own symmetrical encryption algorithm (like Blowfish), register it in Windows and somehow tell my IKEv2 / IPSEC VPN Connection to use this algorithm. Will the above mentioned property work?

Also, I heard rumours that you cannot add your own user/kernel mode crypto using IKEv2 & IPSEC, Any comments on this?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Unfortunately there is no documentation on how to use the RASENTRY RASEO_Custom flag in the Microsoft MSDN documentation. At this point, your guess how to use it is just as good as mine. Here's a link to the help documentation from Microsoft which contains that flag, perhaps it will serve as a starting point for you.

MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa377274(v=vs.85).aspx

I'd be interested to hear if you get it working so I can get it documented, but beyond that I can't offer much (if any) help on the subject.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the pointers & link - I've send this to the MS guys handling our support call .... Maybe they can shed some light on this or forward us some 'undocumented' documentation...

Regards,

Pieter

Coordinator
Apr 1, 2012 at 4:24 AM

I'd be quite interested in what their response is if you don't mind keeping me up to speed. If it's something that would be possible to implement in .NET, I wouldn't be opposed to adding support for it in the SDK.