This project is read-only.

EAP - PEAP VPN

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Is it possible using dotras to create a PPTP connection using EAP with PEAP encryption and setting the properties of the peap encryption to enforce network access protection?

I can create a peap connection using mschapv2 but network access protection needs peap for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM

DotRas itself isn't specifically forcing PEAP, I'd get it to work with the Windows add network connection dialog and transfer it over once you know the connection settings are correct.

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Your reply sounds to me like the DotRas framework can read the settings of existing VPN connections from Windows? I havent worked out how to do that, could you point me in the direction of the correct class to accomplish this?

Cheers

Feb 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM

DotRas is nothing more than a wrapper around Windows' internal Remote Access Service. DotRas does have some problems with the EAP mechanism in RAS simply because there is limited to no documentation on that part of the API. As for your question, I don't actually make connections because I don't have the hardware here to test it on, and even then it may not be exactly what your situation requires.

As for getting to the Add Network Connection dialog, you can reach it by going to Control Panel -> Network and Internet ->Network and Sharing Center -> Set up a new connection or network

You may want to read the Getting Started documentation so you know which are the main classes within DotRas or check out some of the examples.