This project is read-only.

Wanted to know if this can be used with a mobile phone

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:03 AM

Hi I wanted to know if this can be used to with a mobile phone to make a tethering application using the phones internet connection?

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM

If you need to have the computer dial a connection while using the phone as a modem to connect to the mobile network, then yes it could do that for you.

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:30 PM

So I would have to dial into the phone and get a connection. But would this be a vpn connection? I am trying to make a android app like pdanet. It looks like they use a modem on the pc side 

to connect to the phone modem.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Most of the time it's a standard dial-up connection (not a VPN connection) and a really strange phone number like ##9999# to get the phone to connect. As far as the computer is concerned it's just another modem to use for a dial-up internet connection. Depending on the device and the carrier, the numbers may change and the driver used for the phone may not exist.

You'll have to discover these things out for yourself based on what you're working with.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:34 PM
Edited Jul 21, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Thanks

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 12:26 PM, jeff_winn <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Most of the time it's a standard dial-up connection (not a VPN connection) and a really strange phone number like ##9999# to get the phone to connect. As far as the computer is concerned it's just another modem to use for a dial-up internet connection. Depending on the device and the carrier, the numbers may change and the driver used for the phone may not exist.

You'll have to discover these things out for yourself based on what you're working with.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotRas@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DotRas@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com