DotRas Support 64Bits

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I looked in the Site, but I was not able to find if there are support for 

32 and 64 bits in all OS, is it possible?

Today we use Ip*Works for DialUp function and I was wondering if it is possible to replace it by

DotRas .

Thank you

Marcos 

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM
Edited Sep 2, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Yes, the project supports both 32 and 64 bit platforms on every operating system that is supported. I'll make some changes to the documentation so this information is available.

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:22 PM

The project that I'm working on use Ip*Works to the Dialup function, and my project manager asked me to find another solution to the Dialup functions of the system because Ip*works doesn't support 64bits. I saw some people who use Wininet.dll, but I think that DotRas is the best solution.  Am I Right?

Thank you for the fast reply...

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I believe DotRas is the best solution, but that is a decision you need to make. DotRas and Wininet.dll use the same core RAS APIs at some point or another, the difference is DotRas provides a friendly wrapper for .NET developers. Using Wininet means you will need to write the interop code yourself, which means you'll need to make sure your implementation supports 64 bit systems.

Sep 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Really thanks for your support...

I'd like to know if we choose DotRas and we get some problem if you offer some consulting, of course with a payment for that service. 
I'll let you know when we have decided....

One more time, thank you for your really fast reply to my doubts....

It really help me.

Best Regards

Marcos

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I've been offering free support on here; I monitor the boards quite frequently. Whether you want to pay me for support is your decision, however I'm always happy to take donations for my work. :)

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:15 AM

If we need you to come to our company, even if it's in another country, paying everything for you including your services. Would you do that?

Coordinator
Sep 4, 2010 at 4:03 AM

I suppose that would depend on the situation and whether the problem can be fixed without requiring any travel, and whether the travel would interfere with my full-time job. My job comes first, always.

However, after 2 years I have yet to find anything that could not be resolved over the discussion board when the project was the issue. Since the product merely wraps the Windows RAS API, anything out of that scope is beyond my ability to repair. Bugs within the project I can deal with, hardware configurations and such I cannot.