Hepl on creating PPPoE Dialer using SSL connection

May 19, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Hello, im newbie in dot net, i want to create a PPPoE Dialer with SSL connection like: an customized Application

Functionality are :

1. Create Connection --- PPPoE SSL connection

2. Provide credential from textbox

• UserName
  • Password
  • ISP Name

3. remember Username /password

Button event :

4. Dial /Redial

5. Disconnect

6. Send Message

please help me solve the issue with (dotRas/Other)how to, Sample coding , tutorial, in way , i will be grateful ti you. Thanks

Coordinator
May 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I would advise you to learn .NET before attempting to use this project. Since DotRas interacts directly with the operating system, I will not be responsible to fix what you break on your own machine due to lack of experience.

With that said, the CreateAndDialVpnEntry example in the SDK will give you a good starting point how to use the project to create entries and then dial them. There's also a video tutorial link on the Home page of this project to YouTube.

May 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Dear Jeff ,

thank you for your reply , i have created a customized UI from  CreateAndDialVpnEntry example, here i can connect internet put username password from textbox like

// this.Dialer.DialAsync(new NetworkCredential(textBox1.Text.ToString(), textBox2.Text.ToString()));

but can do the rest of also

when i click create entry button it shows exception :

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at PPPoE_Dialer.Program.Main() in H:\RAC PPPOE IDALER PROJECT\TS.PPPoE_Dialer\PPPoE_Dialer\Program.cs:line 18

at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)

at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

InnerException:

it also shows same in CreateAndDialVpnEntry example.

Coordinator
May 20, 2010 at 1:41 PM

All you've told me is an error occurred in your app, I need more than the stack trace to determine how to fix it. What type was the exception, and what was its message?

May 22, 2010 at 8:39 PM

when click on create Entry button it shows :

this.AllUsersPhoneBook.Open();

ArgumentExeption was unhandled

{"An item with the same key has already been added."}

im creating dialup connection using xp create connection

Coordinator
May 23, 2010 at 2:13 AM

The error told you what caused it, you can't add an entry with the same name to the same phone book.