This release includes compiled (and signed) versions of the binaries, PDBs, CHM help documentation, along with both C# and VB.NET examples, and the complete source code.
Supported Runtime: v2.0.50727
Build ID: 3530
Reviews are not the proper location to ask questions, please use the discussions board instead.
- There is a problem with the RasPhoneBook class when creating new phone books where the directory does not exist that's causing the component to throw an exception. To fix this problem, simply ensure the directory where the phone book will reside exists prior to opening the phone book. Issue #8818
- There is a problem with the RasDialer when a connection is terminated by an external source throwing an unhandled exception. Issue #10094
- There are a couple problems with RasPhoneBook and alternate entries used by dial-up connections. Issue #10356 Issue #10357
- There is a problem adding broadband entries to a phone book. To fix this problem, set the PhoneNumber property on the RasEntry to a string with a space " ". Issue #10622
- The CreateAndDialVpnEntry C# example has a problem when compiling. To fix this issue, remove line 3 from Program.cs in the project.
- Added support for generating LUID structures.
- Support for the RasGetCountryInfo API has been added.
- RasDevice.GetDeviceByName no longer requires callers to disable exact matching, it is turned off by default.
- RasDevice.Create has been publicly exposed so devices can be created manually.
- RasEntryNameValidator has been added to assist with verifying entry names for a phonebook.
- RasAutoDialManager has been completely redesigned to make the component easier to work with.
- Stored credentials used by RasDialer are now forcably destroyed rather than waiting for the garbage collector.
- Marked all objects that can be serialized with the Serializable attribute to allow for serialization.
- Added the connection handle to the UserState property when dialing connections with RasDialer.
- RasEntry and RasSubEntry now both implement the ICloneable interface.
- Fixed a bug with the RasPhoneBook component not loading the Options property on RasEntry.
- Fixed a bug with the RasDialer component DialAsync method causing timeouts when it shouldn't.
- Fixed an issue with the RasDialer component not being reusable when dialing synchronously.
- Fixed an issue with RasConnection.HangUp allowing the application to exit before the operation has completed.
- The RasDialer component must have the PhoneBookPath property set to prevent a non-descriptive error when attempting to use stored credentials.
- Renamed the PhoneBookPath property name on RasConnection to comply with project naming guidelines.
- Added new example projects.
- Created setup project for deployment rather than continuing to use multiple zip files.
- Made many updates to the code documentation for the project.
- Any entry points missing from rasapi32.dll will now throw NotSupportedExceptions, this is to prevent non-descriptive exceptions being thrown if a build from another platform is used on an earlier platform.