This project is read-only.

user and system phonebook

Sep 21, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Hi,

In my app (developed on Windows 7/Vista machine) I use phonebook.Open() to get all the phonebook entries. I use the openUserPhoneBook parameter to get all the entries of system and user in one procedure.

Now, when I run this program on my XP test machine, the program crashes on the Open(true) part with the error message: The directory name C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk is invalid.

Does this mean that only Vista and 7 have a user phonebook next to the system phonebook?

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Keep in mind, this project does not support Windows 7 yet. I don't have access to an MSDN subscription to get the RTM version of the operating system, so I'm stuck waiting until launch on October 22nd.

I've seen this problem recently from another user, you need to create the directory manually and it'll be fine. I already have a work item assigned to handle fixing this problem. I'm guessing it's a security issue when ran under standard user permissions.

http://dotras.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=8818

There's the link to the work item if you're interested in following progress on the issue.

Sep 23, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Thanks for the response. This work-around worked like a charm!

Greetz!

Sjoerd