This project is read-only.

suppress rasdial error messagebox

Jul 23, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Hi, 

is there a way to suppress the error messagebox shown by the RasDial function where something goes wrong?

I'm creating a service application and I can't let the Ras display a messagebox.

bye (and thank you for your work), 

Rocco.

Jul 23, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Just to clarify my previous message:

common ras errors do not show messageboxes, but, for example, if you call the RasDial with no phone cable inserted into modem, I get the error messagebox displayed.

I don't know if this is the only error which prompts the message or not.

bye Rocco.

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Unless you're using the components in this project I don't support any 3rd party software.

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I'm using your DotRas components.

If fact I have the problem with the RasDialer component when I call the Dial method.

I was referring to the RasDial function because I've debugged inside the components and I found that the messagebox is shown after the call to this function (file RasHelper.cs, line number 94).

bye Rocco.

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Just had to make sure.

Have you tried dialing the connection asynchronously? I do know the Dial method operates differently than the DialAsync method once it reaches the RAS API call that's passed to the operating system. You could also check out the Options property on the RasDialer, one of those flags might do what you're looking for.