Permissions to disconnect

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2013 at 1:55 PM
One example in the 1.2 documentation is that of the RasConnection class, illustrating how to "disconnect all active connections on the machine". I've discovered that this isn't quite true. If the connection is initiated by another user, one gets the following exception when connection.HangUp is called (or so it seems):

"The connection could not be disconnected because the user does not have the required permission to disconnect." (RasError 753).

Is there a way to overcome this? The user doing the disconnect is an administrator, for what that is worth.
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM
I haven't ever heard of this before now, the only thing I could think of is make sure your app is running with elevated permissions.
Oct 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Yes, putting the appropriate manifest or using the Run As Administrator works just as you guess (I guessed the same thing shortly after). However, I'd suggest the documentation be updated to reflect that (both yours and Microsoft's, but we can't do anything about the latter).
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Hey Keith,

Any chance I could get you to upload the manifest file you used to the work item so I can make sure I get it documented as well?

Issue #16446: Update HangUp documentation

Thanks!
Jeff
Oct 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Upload failed (proxy, probably); tried a raw paste; the site interprets it wrong, alas (XSS, of a mild sort, I suppose). The single line that matters has been pasted in and seems to show ok.