This project is read-only.

Create DialUp Connection | Setting Global Proxy | Custom PhoneBook

Sep 23, 2011 at 6:12 PM
Edited Sep 23, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Would you help me with those issues?

I want to know how exactly use the DotRas to create a DialUp Connection & create and handle a new PhoneBook

and if it is possible, to define a proxy for the DialUpConnection.

Thanks in advance

( i want example code please)

Sep 24, 2011 at 6:12 AM

The settings you need to use for your connection are completely dependent on what your specific requirements are, so other than the static methods on RasEntry there isn't much I can show you. Creating a VPN connection and a Dial-up connection are very similar, in DotRas it's just calling RasEntry.CreateDialUpEntry instead of calling RasEntry.CreateVpnEntry. You can see the video I posted on YouTube, along with the CreateAndDialVpnEntry example included with the SDK you should have downloaded. If you've only downloaded the source code, you will need to download the SDK to get access to them. I say this a lot, but the easiest way to create your connection and ensure it works is to create the entry using the Windows create connection wizards and then look at the settings you chose in code. There are a lot of little things that tend to get tweaked on entries, and if they aren't correct the entry may not work as intended.

Custom phonebooks are merely phonebooks opened in a non-standard location, for example a phonebook placed next to your app. You simply have to use the Open method overload on RasPhoneBook and provide the path where you want the custom phonebook to be placed. This is also covered in the video.

Proxy connections and their settings are not related to RAS and is out of the scope of this project.

- Jeff