Error 734: PPP

May 20, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Hi,

I'm working on Windows XP embedded and I just switched to the dotnet 1.2.

Now I get the 734 Error everytime I use dial. The thing that's really freaky is, that if I connect the Phonebookentry manually (over Windows) everything works fine... so it wouldn't be a misconfigured entry.

I'm using the precompiled version for WinXP and I would aprechiate any help or hints.

I just tried it again with Version 1.1 of DotRas: Works!

May 23, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Ok I solved my problem.

I'm specifying the credentials for the entry like this:

 

entry.UpdateCredentials(CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials)

With DotRas Version 1.1 the dialing worked like this:

_rasdialer.EntryName = entry.Name;
_rasdialer.PhoneBookPath = pbPath;
_rasdialer.Dial();

Using DotRas 1.2 I received an exception with error 734: PPP and so on if I tried to connect using the above code (and of course the same entry). As mentioned above if I tried to connect using the Windowsdialogs everything worked still fine. So I had a closer (but not to close look at the RasDialer-Class in version 1.1 and 1.2 and I searched this forum and eventually found out that something had changed concerning the credentials. Therefore I just tried the following and voila: I got connected!

_rasdialer.EntryName = entry.Name;
_rasdialer.PhoneBookPath = pbPath;

_rasdialer.Credentials = entry.GetCredentials();

_rasdialer.Dial();

So obviously there is some strange behaviour when retrieving the credentials by entryname and phonebookpath...

Perhaps I will eventually find some time to take a closer look at the sourcecode , to investigate further and give some advice, but right now I don't have any spare time...

Coordinator
May 24, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Yeah it's been changed slightly to support varying uses of the component. It can still use the stored credentials, you just have to set the AllowUseStoredCredentials property on the RasDialer component to true and leave the Credentials property null. I thought I had it documented in breaking changes, which does mention the changes to the Credentials property, I just forgot to document that change.

Sorry about the delayed response, I've been travelling this past weekend.

Jeff

Coordinator
May 24, 2011 at 1:53 AM

FYI, I updated the version history documentation so it included that change.