This project is read-only.

ISDN multilink connection

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Hi,

I've been searching and trying for quite a while now, but I'm unable to get this working.

What I want to do is connect to a remote system using an ISDN adapter. Using just one of the 2 ISDN lines is a little bit slow so I would like to bundle both 64K lines so that I finally have 128K in the end. I've already played around with RasDialMode.DialAll and I found out that I would have to define subentries for my RasEntry (RasEntry.SubEntries) but I couldn't find any examples for that and I couldn't find anything similar here on this discussion board.

Anyone that has an idea? Thx a lot... ;)

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Well, I must say I can't recall anyone ever asking this question before. What I would suggest is use Windows to see if you can get the multi-link connection working through the Windows interface. This will allow you to get the entry configured easily without all the mess of making sure any flags that are necessary have been set. Once you get the connection working through Windows, use RasPhoneBook to inspect the connection that was created and it will contain the settings you'll need to use.

As far as using RasSubEntry is concerned, you can simply instantiate a new instance and add it to the SubEntries property on RasEntry. You'll probably need to set the Device property to your ISDN modem, and the phone number you want it to dial. Once the subentries have been added, call Update on the RasEntry instance to persist the changes.

I'll see if I can get some basic documentation done for this for the 1.2 release.