This project is read-only.

How to send data?

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:56 PM

I can dial a modem fine with DotRas, but I'm not sure how to send data afterward

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:16 PM

The project scope is to only handle the connectivity between client and server, it doesn't do anything once the connection has been established. Your particular data transfer needs should be established within your company, be that FTP or some other data transfer protocol.

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I don't have the ability to write to COM3 because DotRas is using it at the same time.

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:12 AM

DotRas doesn't directly do anything with the devices, it's merely a wrapper around the Remote Access Service (RAS) provided by Windows. Like I said earlier, once the connection between machines has been established how you would send data depends on what technology is involved in the connection. If you're connecting to some kind of routing system (ie Windows 2003 RRAS server) via a modem connection you'll probably be able to use a TCP based transfer protocol like FTP to move data. However, your specific requirements would depend entirely on how and what you're connecting to. If you're dialing directly to another modem and trying to send commands to the port, you might not be able to use the project because Windows might get in the way.

Wish I could be more helpful, but there really isn't much else I can do.