Invalid Structure size

Dec 3, 2010 at 5:32 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2010 at 6:28 AM

In my pc where I am developing my application. Add new entry seems working very well...but if I run the application in other PC it always says Invalid Structure size. I there possible to create personalize phonebook which will be always come with my application? located at the same folder even copy it to other pc?

Other question is
when I am enumerating all entry also same error appear

Private Sub loadCboDUN()
        Dim phonebook As New RasPhoneBook
        Try
            phonebook.Open(true)
            For Each entry As RasEntry In phonebook.Entries
                Me.cboDUNlist.Items.Add(entry.Name)
            Next
        Finally
            If (phonebook IsNot Nothing) Then
                phonebook.Dispose()
            End If
        End Try
    End Sub

That's my code. No error but there is nothing in there (combobox)
Also is this possible to add new DialUpEntry even a device is not plugged already but driver is installed already, usually in USB 3G Modems.
I'm in WinXP OS and 1.2 dll version.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2010 at 3:24 PM

You need to read the SDK documentation on Getting Started -> Choosing Your Build, it explains there why you're seeing the error.

As for your question about creating the dial-up entry, yes you can however if the device is not plugged in RAS won't report it as available from the RasDevice.GetDeviceXXX method. If you want to be able to support creating entries while the device is not plugged in you can use the RasDevice.Create method, however that will not guarantee the hardware will be available when dialing.

Dec 3, 2010 at 10:06 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Ahh.. I got it now. I should packa my apps with different version of your DLL according to OS other machine.

How about my code? No error appear but there is no list add to my combobox.. is there something mistake with my code?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2010 at 6:25 AM

You do not need to package multiple assemblies in your project as long as you're not trying to support using features available on Vista and run the same binaries on Windows XP. As an example, if you need to support both Windows XP and Windows Vista, and you do not need any features specific to Vista, use the WINXP build. Again, this was stated in the documentation in the section I told you to read.

Yet again, the documentation for RasPhoneBook would indicate why you're probably not seeing any results in your combobox.

You need to read the documentation, if you keep asking questions about things that's covered in the documentation you may not get an answer on something you really need help with.

Dec 4, 2010 at 6:57 AM

coding it now....

Thanks...