Dial.Async using Vodafone (K3565-Z)

May 24, 2010 at 7:30 AM
Edited May 24, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Hi jeff,

I am having trouble while connecting using the a different device. I am using WinForms (VS2008) & Vista Business

My application was successfully connected to network using HUAWEI (Model: E1550) Device.

Then when I tested a different device (Vodafone - Model: K3565-Z), it seems that I cannot connect to network anymore.

The status change says:

1) Authenticate
2) AuthNotify - After this the error occurs and returned me the message below
3) The connection was closed by the remote computer.

I wonder what is the difference between the two device and if there is a chance to solve this problem.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

-dantz

May 24, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I uninstalled the HUAWEI (Model: E1550) device in my PC.

Then I tried to dial again but this time I had a different error:

A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed. 

For further assistance, click More Info or search Help and Support Center for this error number.

Coordinator
May 24, 2010 at 1:30 PM

All I can suggest is trying to dial the connection through Windows Network Connections and see what happens there. If Windows can dial the connection, DotRas should be able to handle it as well. I don't know what might be wrong with the device, or how to fix it.

May 27, 2010 at 4:03 AM
Edited May 27, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Oh,sorry,I can't help you although I have use the vodafone k3565 from http://www.3gmodem.com.hk/Huawei/K3565.htm before.It is used well.I think maybe because it is from huawei.

Jun 8, 2010 at 2:42 AM
jeff_winn wrote:

All I can suggest is trying to dial the connection through Windows Network Connections and see what happens there. If Windows can dial the connection, DotRas should be able to handle it as well. I don't know what might be wrong with the device, or how to fix it.

Thanks for this suggestion. I found the problem.

Vodafone(Model: K3565-Z) : is detected as wireless LAN device

HUAWEI (Model: E1550) : is detected as 3G modem

@ annafenfen: Thank you for the reply. I think there are different versions of this vodafone device model.