Compiling the newest version

Mar 9, 2010 at 4:14 PM

I would like to compile the latest version (56295) because I am having with the Timed out exception (Code: '668', Message: 'The connection was terminated.')) during a Asynchronous Dial attempt.

Do I have to compile the trunk or the branch?

I'm working on Windows XP SP2.

Thanks,

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Recompiling isn't going to fix that. Which version of the SDK are you using, 1.1 and which assembly from the SDK are you using? (WIN2K, WINXP, WINXPSP2, WIN2K8, etc)

We'll start there and see what's causing the problem.

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I'm using 1.1 for WINXPSP2.

Thanks

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Oh, I might know which problem you're referring to now. The exception isn't coming through one of the events is it? If it's the one that's causing an unhandled exception that can't be caught you'll need to build the trunk to fix it. You can follow the compilation instructions on the documentation tab if you need help getting it to compile.

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:37 PM

The exception is comming whith the timed out connection event. And as you've said the unhandled exception can't be caught.

So as you've said, I'll compile the trunk to fix it.  After compiling it a .dll is produced in the .\Outputs folder, shall I just add it to my Visual Studio project?

Thanks

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Yup, it's as simple as that. Just grab whichever version you want from the Outputs folder and drop that into your project.

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Thanks for your previous answer.

Now I've got another question.

It seems that the GetActiveConnections() is not a member of RasDialer any more.  How can I retrieve the list of active connections as I was doing before with GetActiveConenctions() ?

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2010 at 1:54 PM

If you need to know what the changes are between the previous and next version you can check the downloads page and go to the planned section (it's to the right). You'll find the next release there, just click the link and you'll see everything that's been done with the next version including new features. For your specific question you're interested in reading the breaking changes section.

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Hi jeff,

In the newest version, GetActiveConnections() was moved into RasConnection. I 've been trying to retrieve the list of active connections but I am not able to understand how I can link the current connection (created as a  RasDialer) with an instance of RasConnection.

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2010 at 2:25 PM

What?

RasDialer dialer = new RasDialer();
ReadOnlyCollection<RasConnection> connections = dialer.GetActiveConnections();

has now become:

ReadOnlyCollection<RasConnection> connections = RasConnection.GetActiveConnections();

The GetActiveConnections method had nothing to do with dialing a connection which is why it was moved it off the object. You had to create an instance of the RasDialer object to get information that never used anything on the object. The method works the same, it's just been moved to a static method on the RasConnection class.